Category C1

Who needs to take the C1 Driving Test?

If you passed you test after 1st Jan 1997 you will NOT have this entitlement on your licence so, to be able to drive a vehicle between 3.5 and 7.5 tonnes you will need to take a test.

Why do you need this C1 Entitlement?

There could be several reasons why you require this vocational licence upgrade. You will need this licence category to drive the following:-

  • Emergency Services Paramedic
  • Small horse box
  • Delivery Van
  • Motorhome

Steps to gaining your licence


This is a fairly basic medical check your eyesight, hearing, blood pressure, heart and there is a urine test only to test for diabetes. We do fortnightly medicals at our office or we can arrange for an appointment at a health centre.


Hazard perception and Multiple choice. We offer a two day training course for this with addition FREE training if needed.

Practical training:-

Experience has taught us that most people need a 5 day course with your test on the fifth. However, you may prefer to have an assessment drive which will identify what standard your driving is and you could either reduce or increase the number of days required.


We book your test and obviously prepare you fully for it by including most of the test routes in our practical training. Your instructor will accompany you to the test centre and wait to hear the good news that you have passed.

Please click here to contact us for more information or call us on 0116 287 7692