Category C+E

Once you have your category C licence, you can upgrade to your C+E. This licence is required for Large Goods Vehicles towing a trailer, (the old Class 1 HGV licence).

This LGV licence means you to drive the largest vehicles allowed on the road in the UK.

Call us 01162 877692 to find out more, or come and have an hours assessment with one of our instructors.

If you passed your test after 1997 it will also give you your B+E (car and trailer Licence) without having to take another test.

You are not required to do another medical, theory or hazard test for this, so you can start your C+E training as soon as you get your licence back from the DVLA after passing your Cat C practical driving test. We would be happy to assess your driving and let you know exactly how much training you will need to be able to pass your HGV/LGV C+E (class 1).

A small selection of our customers comments LGV Category C+E course.

“As with my class 2 I can find no fault with the training or the people I have met. Every one has been very patient with me as I got a bit stressed, Darren really does deserve a medal as does Rick. The whole experience has been fantastic and I have recommended Data Academy to 3 or 4 people who have all said they will call.” N.S. A lady class 1 driver well done Nicky.

“Very Satisfied” “The friendly atmosphere and dedication of all the staff is very conducive to learning” D.P.

“Whole course was excellent my instructor was outstanding.” M.H.

“Good course learnt a lot. It’s all down to me now.” B.S.

"Blimey, How Big.." (commenting on the size of C+E unit and trailer) S.Mc